Okay I suppose I should introduce myself (kinda). I am Olivia, currently a student of animation. I have been drawing since I was 6 years old, my first love was for animation which later would change and evolve as my art had evolved. By 2000 I finally made the decision to go into Architecture where I attended NDSU achieving top 10 in architecture which allowed me to continue to the next level. Unfortunately I had to return home (to Indiana) ... 5 years later I was granted an opportunity to continue my education. My brother was in mid interview (I was on the other line as he asked me to be) when I heard the admissions lady mention wanting to see a portfolio. I politely spoke up and asked if she would like to see his work I can get it to her in about 5 minutes. She immediately accepted my offer. My brother and admissions continued with the interview and in the 5 minutes I had put together a website for my brother showing his work.
The admissions advisor immediately stopped the interview and praised my work on building a site in such little time, she requested that I give her a call back to discuss possibility of my attending the school. In my interview I had sent her another website or portfolio site with my work. Sandy, the admissions advisor, did not know where to begin in placing me in a program. She pushed for either interior design or web design but also mentioned that I was capable and well qualified for every program with the exception of Culinary and photography. She was not aware of my love for baking and photography but I kept that to myself ....
Here I am 2008 and I have a year left before I graduate with a bachelor’s degree in animation. My problem is I have no idea what I want to do as I want to do it all! What do I do? What do I choose? I still have a love for architecture (I can also build what I design) I only wanted to do 3D modeling but found that I really enjoy 2D animation. I am very quick with texturing and making concept characters.
I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head I think I found the reason behind my migraine headaches! I need to release those ideas let them run wild on paper! So as of late I have been drawing like no tomorrow.
Alright, I don’t do this blog thing much as I tend to keep to myself because I am very shy. So I hope you aren’t too shy and say hi and send a comment my way otherwise I am going to be very quiet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Keep posting while it is free! X-D
I'm looking forward to seeing your works as you post it! :)
Post a Comment